Tuesday, March 01, 2005

For the love of heaven, stop snowing!


(Make mine mod! Pucci dress from a mid 60s Vogue pattern.)

It's March first, already--here in the Great Lakes, that's also known as "mid-winter." My Seasonal Affective Disorder is morphing into Seasonal Stark-Raving Madness, but that's another story for another time...

Actually, there's a bit of a lull in general. The marathon OTWA Wagglepop thread has, understandably, wound down; "Jeff Gannon" (the wannabe Monica/Christine of the '00s) has started a reportedly unintentionally funny blog. (Haven't been there, and not gonna link to it--but you can use the intuitive URL if you're curious. There is a parody "not 'Jeff Gannon' blog" that I did hit, and it's intentionally hilarious--all the more so when you consider that it predates the real thing.)

And as for retro stops, I did find one cool "how did I miss this" site while I was searching for TV flotsam last week--Mark Little's MyThemes.TV is a vast collection of TV theme songs and a number of vintage promos and commercials, in Real and mp3 format. Some of the tunes are quite obscure! The note on how his collection came to be is fun, too:

In 1972, when I was 13 years old, my parents gave me $25 as a Christmas gift. With that money, I went to the local K-Mart and bought my first shoebox-style cassette tape recorder and a pack of three blank cassettes. I decided to use this newfound technology (well, new to ME, anyway) to begin what has become a lifelong quest to record the theme of every national television show that has ever existed.

Check it out, and pack a lunch--you might be there a while...

The gorgeous mod Pucci dress is part of a great stash of vintage Vogue patterns I found last week--shameless plug alert--they're on eBay, with more on the way.

Stay safe in this infernal (maybe not the right word?) snow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mention that james leroy died of cancer! He did not! He commited suicide in Ottawa!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home